healthy 'not-so-fast' food
60 minutes and longer recipes
Preparation time: 60 minutes and longer recipes
– Serves 2
Extremely nutritious and delicious. The perfect substitute for cow’s milk. Delicious as a drink on its own, used as a basis for smoothies or poured over homemade granola. Homemade almond milk is an absolute health booster.
Almonds are a true superfood. They are associated with a range of health benefits, such as supporting bone and skin health and regulating blood pressure. They can also contribute to strengthen the immune system and are full of healthy fats. Soaking them in water and eaten raw maximizes their nutritional value.
- Soak almonds in water for at least 8 hours (for example overnight)
- Dispose of soaking water and rinse almonds well
- Add almonds and 500 ml water to food processor (or blender) and blend for 2 minutes
- Pour mixture through sieve into large bowl, using a spoon to help milk pass through (use leftover pulp in yogurt or smoothies)
- Pour sieved almond milk back into blender and add honey, vanilla and salt. Blend shortly
- Enjoy immediately or store in fridge in airtight container for 2 days