Chocolate & almond truffles
healthy 'not-so-fast' food
15-30 minutes recipes
Preparation time: 15-30 minutes recipes
– Makes about 20-25 –
Guilt-free indulgence. For when we need that chocolate magic. Raw cacao powder combined with dates, almonds and spices are the simple ingredients of these divine truffles.
Raw cacao powder, associated with longevity, is rich in antioxidants, can be good for the heart and can strengthen immunity. Almonds are a true superfood. They are associated with a range of health benefits, such as supporting bone and skin health. They can also contribute to strengthen the immune system and are full of healthy fats.
Goes well with:
a cup of tea, good conversation, lunchbox proof
200 g dates
Required tool: strong food processor
- Pulse almonds in food processor for a few times until roughly chopped
- Add all other ingredients to food processor and blend for 2 minutes until a sticky dough has formed (add some extra water if dough too dry)
- Roll small balls in-between your hands (cherry tomato size), this can be sticky!
- Tip: if mixture is too sticky place in fridge for 5 minutes to set
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks